The American Eagle Gold coin was introduced in 1986 and was the only product that was featured as fractional weight coins. These coins are available from Bullion Mart as 1/2 oz coin. The coin contains 22 karat gold. You will get the year of the coin based on the availability at the time of delivery.
These fractional weight coins were released in stages in 1987-88. 1 oz and 1/10 oz were introduced in 1988. The production of American Eagle gold coins based on the market demand. The production of these coins has witnessed a number of ups and downs during their production in 30 years
The Product Highlights
- Official gold bullion coin of the United States introduced in 1986.
- Contains a true gold content of 1/2 troy oz.
- Bears a face value of $25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Available in this listing with random years of issue.
- Typically arrives in Brilliant Uncirculated condition or occasionally proof condition.
You can see the lady Liberty on the obverse side of all these coins. The image of lady Liberty was created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens in 1907. The reverse side of the coin features the family of nestling bald eagles created by Miley Busieks.